EcoPro seeks big leap as global battery materials maker
简介South Korean battery materials manufacturer EcoPro, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, ...
South Korean battery materials manufacturer EcoPro, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, has laid out a goal to post 10 trillion won ($7.41 billion) in sales next year.
EcoPro CEO Song Ho-jun and top executives of the firm's subsidiaries, including EcoPro BM, participated in a celebratory event held at the company’s headquarters in Ochang, North Chungcheong Province, on Friday.
Preparing for the next 25 years, EcoPro said it plans to develop game changer materials, diversify its customer portfolio, advance recycling technology and upgrade its business system for global expansion.
“The key driver of growth that made us where we are now is our first mover initiative in launching the best quality product in the market,” the CEO said in a statement.
“We must enhance our competitive edge in technologies in development, quality control and commercial production.”
Founded in 1998 as a one-man company, EcoPro has leapfrogged into a global battery materials maker with 9 trillion won in revenue and 3,500 workers on payroll, the company said.
In the early 2000s, when the rechargeable battery market was in a nascent stage, the company acquired a cathode material business from Cheil Industries, a former manufacturing unit of Samsung Group.
Due to a fierce price war within the industry, the company had to shut down the precursor cathode materials business in 2006 after taking out a 30 billion won bank loan.
EcoPro then changed its key business to high-nickel cathode materials and secured Sony and Samsung SDI as clients in 2013 and 2014, respectively. In 2016, it split off EcoPro BM, its cathode materials manufacturing unit, which went public on the nation’s tech-heavy Kosdaq after three years.
In the following years, it made aggressive investments worth 2 trillion won to set up a closed-loop ecosystem that can produce and recycle cathode and precursor materials and lithium in Pohang, North Gyeongsang Province.
BTS member V will appear in the new music video of a singer-songwriter IU.IU's agency, Edam Ent ...
10·11 서울 강서구청장 보궐선거 참패로 예고된 대로 집권여당과 용산에 대한 민심이 일주일도 안 돼 싸늘해졌다. 특히 수도권 민심 이탈이 심각했다. 16일 공개된 정치 고관여층이 ...
Singer Chuu has made her long-awaited solo debut with EP "Howl."The new album, launched Wednesday, m ...
- BTS’ V to star IU’s new music video next year
- LG Energy Solution's new residential ESS to hit US market
- Geonwonneung to open for public viewing in fall
- KTO to offer weekend railroad travel packages through February
- [Weekender] [K
- SK chairman says agile responses needed in times of geopolitical strife
Culture minister to discuss exchanges with Vatican this week
김기현 “지역·계층·세대별 민심 여과없이 대통령에 직접 전달”
김의겸 "김혜경 법카 유용 의혹, 그 정도 사안은 영장 못 쳐"
LG Energy Solution's new residential ESS to hit US market
DS Dansuk seeks W100b IPO to spur growth
[Herald Interview] New Royal Salute makes grand debut to tap deeper into Korean whiskey market
- Man nabbed in naked rampage
- Galleries vexed by outdated ban on taking older artwork out of country
- [Herald Interview] New Royal Salute makes grand debut to tap deeper into Korean whiskey market
- Posco International completes EV parts plant in Mexico
- [Herald Interview] Park Youn
- Hyundai, Kia team up with Infineon on EV power chips
- Samsung Biologics expansion ahead of schedule
- LIG Nex1 seals global defense ties at Seoul ADEX 2023
- In a first, Le Sserafim collaborates with Overwatch for in
- 北 방문 러 외무장관, 김정은과 만났다…"1시간 이상 대화"
- Two CEOs to lead Mirae Asset Global Investments
- ‘Gorpcore’ a global validation of Korean ajeossi’s fashion instincts?
- Leeum Museum ecological project starts Dec. 1 with Chanel Culture Fund
- 한동훈 “나는 스타장관 아니다, 여당 아닌 야당이 날 띄우는 것"
- 이상민 “민주당 지도부 아무도 연락 없어, 어느 정도 마음 정했다”
- Pianist Kim Jun
- Samsung renews CSR push for multicultural families, seniors
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- S. Korea, Britain forge strategic partnership on ODA projects
- SK, Hilleman team up to develop next
- Two Koreans named among world's top 200 art collectors
- Heritage expert You Hong
- German ambassador advocates 'de
- [Herald Interview] ‘Digital paradigm shift to VR will happen 2026’
- Fifty Fifty enters Billboard's year
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains amid rate woes
- 이원욱 “이재명, 최강욱 징계 반발하는 개딸과 이별해야”
- LG Energy Solution names new CEO to propel growth
- [Herald Interview] Former Treasure member Bang Ye
- Korea inks 37 deals with UK, vows closer ties