Posco International to build modular factory in Ukraine
简介Posco International announced Wednesday that the company would join Ukraine’s reconstruction, starti ...
Posco International announced Wednesday that the company would join Ukraine’s reconstruction, starting with setting up a factory to manufacture modules for new buildings in war-torn regions of the country.
Posco International Vice Chairman Jeong Tak on Tuesday met with Vitaliy Kim, governor of Mykolaiv, in Ukraine's capital Kyiv to sign a memorandum of understanding for the construction of a modular factory in Mykolaiv, the city on the Black Sea in southern Ukraine.
Modular construction is a process by which standardized components of a building are prefabricated in an off-site factory and then shipped to the project site for assembly. The process can reduce construction time by more than half.
The new factory in Mykolaiv will produce modules that can be immediately used in reconstructing buildings such as homes, schools and hospitals.
For the latest project, Posco International will work with Posco Architects & Consultants, the architecture unit of Posco Group that has the capability to manage the process of designing, manufacturing and constructing modular buildings.
Posco International will also utilize a business network the company established through operating a grain terminal in Mykolaiv.
“Following the latest signing, Posco International plans to look into additional infrastructure projects in Ukraine,” an official from Posco International said.
Meanwhile, Jeong met with Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal in Kyiv during his visit to Ukraine to discuss the Ukrainian government’s support for building the new plant in Mykolaiv.
Jeong also said Posco Group would put forth all its capabilities, involving steel, energy, construction and information technology, to help Ukraine reconstruct the country in the future.
South Korea’s National Assembly on Friday voted to discard a set of bills aimed at giving the state ...
Asiana Airlines board members plan to hold another round of meetings soon after they failed to reach ...
Posco International announced Wednesday that the company will provide 6 trillion won ($4.4 billion) ...
LG's new research promises potential for 900km
Jungkook ties record for most Billboard Hot 100 hits as K
Women’s stories continue to resonate with Korean viewers
Korea to set workplace harassment criteria: minister
안희정, 복귀 시동?…"이제 죄인 아니다" 지지자들과 양평 1박2일
[Herald Interview] Journey to find her voice has brought Vittoria Yeo to peak performance
- [Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
- Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology
- Hyundai Motor bolsters global partnerships through Expo campaign
- HiteJinro soju seeks bigger footing in UK
- Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
- [Herald Interview] 'Korea strives to set global standards for data protection in generative AI era'
- [Herald Interview] Sustainability offers practical help to industries
- Hamas releases two US hostages with hope for more
- STX issues new shares worth W80b to expand global business
- Samsung unveils next
- [Hello Hangeul] Love for Hangeul grows in corner of Sweden
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- Seoul shares open lower on US losses
- [Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- 'Seventeenth Heaven' logs record
- Seoul shares hit 7
- Extended getbol, Busan wartime capital sites make UNESCO's tentative list
- [Herald Review] Stray Kids perform new standard of '5
- Year after deadly crowd crush, victims, families yet to leave it behind
- Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- Hyundai Elevator wins Good Design Award 2023
- Four killed after fishing boat capsizes in S. Korea
- PPP appoints naturalized Korean doctor Yohan Ihn as party innovation committee chief
- Emerging artists unveil works of enduring times at Park Seo
- S. Korea reports additional cases of lumpy skin disease in cattle
- [Herald Interview] Ian Bostridge enjoys incorporating great works of literature into music