Seoul to expand monthly transit pass to cover Incheon
简介People traveling from Incheon to Seoul by bus will be able to use an unlimited monthly transit pass ...
People traveling from Incheon to Seoul by bus will be able to use an unlimited monthly transit pass from next year, Seoul City said Friday.
It is an expansion to a 65,000 won ($50) pass that gives commuters unlimited access on all public transport within Seoul, and bus rides that depart from Seoul to other metropolitan areas.
The announcement came as Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon and Incheon Mayor Yoo Jeong-bok signed a "Seoul-Incheon Transportation Business Agreement" at Seoul City Hall and announced the plans to strengthen the two cities' cooperation on transportation.
Oh called the pass, named "Climate Card," a "new innovation" in transportation development in the Seoul metropolitan area.
"We will do our best to benefit many citizens by actively promoting the expansion of the climate companion card in the metropolitan area, which is promoted as a major transportation policy for people's livelihoods as well as responding to the climate crisis," Oh said after the meeting.
Seoul in September announced the introduction of the public transit pass that gives holders unlimited access to subways, buses, and public bicycles within Seoul for 65,000 won per month. It has been discussing ways to expand the policy to surrounding areas such as Incheon.
Seoul will roll out the card on a trial basis from January to May next year, and formally implement the scheme in the second half of 2024.
On Dec. 4, a fire broke out at a home in a residential-commercial complex in Jungnang-gu, eastern Se ...
The 28th Busan International Film Festival held its new awards festival, the Asia Contents Awards & ...
NCT127 seems to have safely survived K-pop's notorious "seven-year curse," although not things ...
- Bomb scare hits Hongdae station, police search turns up empty
- KB unveils video to mark World Soil Day
- Buddhists, political leaders bid farewell to late Ven. Jaseung
- Generational shift looms in SK leadership
- LS Cable develops world’s fastest data transfer cable
- Seoul shares end higher on Fed's rate cut hopes
- Venezuelan Embassy holds disputed Essequibo territory referendum event
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Chae Man
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Korean Studies gaining traction at Complutense University of Madrid
- 홍준표 "혁신위 해체위기, 이준석은 앞길 막아…용산 어쩌나"
- SK Bioscience ramps up global cooperation to improve public health
- [Bills in Focus] Broader offshore financial support, mobility regulatory sandbox
- Without light, Lightwalk will not be architecture: Dominique Perrault
- Zerobaseone reaches 'Melting Point' with 2nd EP
- LG Electronics opens Alaskan lab to develop HVAC tech in extreme weather
- Le Sserafim lands on UK, US charts with 'Perfect Night'
- World Cup in Saudi Arabia sparks human rights protest
- Man arrested for assaulting woman for having short hair
- Stock market soars as short selling ban takes effect
- [Herald Review] Music Festival Pohang stands strong without conductor or chairs
- Coupang opens 2nd fullfillment center in Taiwan
- BAT design chief stresses responsible design
- Two Koreas race to launch first homegrown military spy satellites
- Pianist Chung Kyu
- 尹대통령 “군장병 확고한 국가관·대적관 안보대세 가져야”
- NewJeans, Heartsteel to open 2023 LoL World Championship Finals
- Over 90 pct of cattle vaccinated against lumpy skin disease
- Fugitive caught 3 days after escape from hospital
- W10m reward offered for information leading to fugitive on the run for third day
- Breaking silence over drug allegations, G