Extended getbol, Busan wartime capital sites make UNESCO's tentative list
简介Additional Korean tidal flats in regions of South Jeolla Province and nine sites of the Busan wartim ...
Additional Korean tidal flats in regions of South Jeolla Province and nine sites of the Busan wartime capital have been incorporated into UNESCO's tentative list of world heritage sites, according to the Cultural Heritage Administration on Friday.
The submission of the two clusters of sites to UNESCO took place in May this year.
UNESCO's tentative lists serve as inventories of sites significant in a state party's cultural or natural heritage, possessing strong potential for future inclusion in the world heritage list. It is required that preliminary applications be submitted at least a year prior to the decision-making date.
Notably, getbol was officially inscribed as UNESCO world natural heritage during the 44th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2021.
This year, the country applied for an extended list that encompasses getbol in Muan, Goheung and Yeosu in South Jeolla Province. Currently, there are four UNESCO-listed tidal flats in the country, at Seocheon, South Chungcheong Province, Gochang, North Jeolla Province, and Sinan and Boseong-Suncheon, South Jeolla Province.
South Korea's culture minister plans to meet Vatican officials in Italy this week to discuss bi ...
The Financial Supervisory Service, South Korea's primary financial regulatory body, has issued ...
9월 셋째 주 주요뉴스 키워드는 #통계조작 #조국 #최강인 의원직상실 #정유정 계획범죄 인정 #세수 펑크 #이재명 체포동의안 가결 #미국ㆍ이란 수김자 맞교환 #윤 대통령 UN총회 ...
- 尹 대통령 "국립대병원 중추로 육성" 의료인력 확충 필요성 강조
- Samsung Bioepis launches Soliris biosimilar in Europe
- Geonwonneung to open for public viewing in fall
- SK chairman says agile responses needed in times of geopolitical strife
- 北 방문 러 외무장관, 김정은과 만났다…"1시간 이상 대화"
- [KH Explains] Why Starbucks' new coupon policy is a big deal in Korea
- Muaz Razaq on being Muslim in South Korea
- 윤 대통령 “저보고 소통 부족하다 지적하는 분 많아 반성”
- [Korean History] 2003, when Korean cinema was at its finest
- 김기현 “지역·계층·세대별 민심 여과없이 대통령에 직접 전달”
- Defense minister rejects plans for J
- Kyobo Life chairman wins top industry honor
- 선관위, 이준석 유튜브 멤버십 중지 요청…"정치자금법 위반 소지"
- [From the scene] Jazz music livens up Seoul's streets
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- Spending on overseas tourism rises by most in 13 years
- Pianist Sohn Min
- [Today’s K
- Cold wave hit S. Korea amid forecast of even chillier morning
- 대통령실, 범정부 기술유출 합동대응단 출범
- Seoul shares open lower after record daily gain
- Seoul offers 10,000 sets of portable SOS emergency bell ‘Zikimi’
- Hyundai E&C completes design of new hydrogen plant
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Anthropologist stresses multidisciplinary approach for strong Korean studies
- Enhypen to make MBC show debut, ending yearslong performance dispute
- Seoul proposes safety measures to prevent poor construction
- Samsung CEO highlights AI safety research
- [KH Explains] Why do Woori, NongHyup hold on to North Korean operations?
- Marking 105th anniversary of independence, Poland highlights growing ties with Gyeonggi Province