Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
简介South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised ...
South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised speculation that the US economy is cooling.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index fell 17.12 points, or 0.69 percent, to 2,471.06 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.13 percent, while the Nasdaq Composite edged up 0.07 percent.
Data showed that the unemployment benefit claims in the world's largest economy have reached the highest level in three months. The US industrial output also shed 0.6 percent on-month in October.
In Seoul, top tech giant Samsung Electronics fell 0.41 percent, and leading battery maker LG Energy Solution lost 2.26 percent.
No. 1 carmaker Hyundai Motor fell 0.43 percent, and its smaller sister Kia shed 0.47 percent. Auto parts maker Hyundai Mobis decreased 1.08 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,296.3 won against the US dollar, up 0.6 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
국민의힘이 내년 총선을 앞두고 하정훈 소아청소년과의원 원장, 탈북자 출신 박충권 현대제철 연구개발본부 책임연구원 등 1호 외부 영입 인재를 발표했다.국민의힘 인재영입위원회는 8일 ...
WASHINGTON -- US President Joe Biden said on Sunday he believes the Hamas militant group must be eli ...
The number of cyclist deaths in cycling accidents came to 91 last year, rising by 30 percent from a ...
Yoon travels to Netherlands for chip allaince, strategic partnership
Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
OPEC members push against fossil fuel phase
Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- [Today’s K
- 60조 역대급 세수 펑크에도…여야, 국회 운영비 364억 증액 합의
- 초유의 행정전산망 '먹통'에…野 "한심하다는 말도 아깝다"
- Alternative nicotine products lead to reduction in smoking rates: report
- EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
- S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
- [Herald Review] NCT 127 takes inspiration from ‘Matrix’ for 3rd tour
- Golf club's 'no Japanese car' policy sparks controversy
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- Yoon says China would not benefit from trilateral cooperation with Russia, N. Korea
- Seoul International Pride Film Festival kicks off on Nov. 2
- 윤 대통령, 4박 6일 사우디·카타르 순방 마치고 귀국
- [Photo News] Commemoration for Itaewon tragedy in Gwangju
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- Seventeen 1st K
- LG Electronics to bolster local strategies, B2B push to widen gap with Chinese rivals
- Olympic medalist ‘tricked’ by fiance
- Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
- McDonald's Korea to increase prices of 13 items next week
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- Mirae Asset Securities names Kim Mi
- NiziU wins best pop video at MTV VMAJs
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- [Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- Samsung Biologics quarterly sales hit W1tr for first time
- Korean beef prices, poultry shares soar as cattle disease spreads
- Yoon meets disgraced ex
- Koreans well equipped to overcome global economic turmoil, says ex